In the scope of “Addressing of Invasive Alien Species Threats in Terrestrial Areas and Inland Waters Project in Turkey” funded under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II) between Republic of Turkey and European Union, and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, the ninth of the trainings planned, Training on IAS Pathways and Prioritization & Management/Governance of Pathways will be held between 25 – 26 January 2022 in Mersin in hybrid format.
Approximately 100 participants from relevant General Directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, regional directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, officials from stakeholder and relevant Ministries, academicians and NGO representatives, and project experts will be participating to the training.
Within the scope of the training, pathways, control and management of alien species will be addressed by the guest lecturers from Turkey and foreign guest speakers from Italy and United Kingdom.
Trainers and Guest Speakers:
- Dr. Serap Yılmaz, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Ali Serhan Tarkan, Deputy Team Leader and Head of Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Fisheries, Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University – Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Özgür Emiroğlu, Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Biology, Lecturer and TERIAS Project Silver Gibel Carp (Carassius gibelio) species expert – Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Salih Terzioğlu, Karadeniz Technical University, TERIAS Project Bur Cucumber (Sicyos angulatus)Species Expert
- Gordon Copp, Senior Scientist in Risk Analysis of Non-native Aquatic Species – United Kingdom
- Dr. Piero Genovesi, Environmental Protection and Research Institute, Wildlife Office – Italy
End Beneficiary: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks
Consultant: DAI Global Austria GmbH & Co KG, Çınar Engineering Consulting Inc., Finish Environment Institute Consortium