In the scope of “Addressing of Invasive Alien Species Threats in Terrestrial Areas and Inland Waters Project in Turkey” funded under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II) between Republic of Turkey and European Union, and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, the eighth of the trainings planned, training on Impacts of Invasive Alien Species on Biodiversity, Socio-economy and Public Health will be held between 17 -18 January 2022 in Izmir in hybrid format.
Approximately 100 participants from relevant General Directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, regional directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, officials from stakeholder and relevant Ministries, academicians and NGO representatives, and project experts will be participating to the training.
Within the scope of the training, impacts of invasive alien species on biodiversity, socio-economy and public health will be addressed by the guest lecturers from Turkey and foreign guest speakers from Lithuania and United Kingdom.
Trainers and Guest Speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Ali Serhan Tarkan, Deputy Team Leader and Head of Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Fisheries, Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University – Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Özgür Emiroğlu, Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Biology, Lecturer and TERIAS Project Silver Gibel Carp (Carassius gibelio) species expert – Turkey
- Esra Başak – TERIAS Project Socio-economic Expert -Turkey
- Gordon Copp, Senior Scientist in Risk Analysis of Non-native Aquatic Species – United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Sergej Olenin, Klaipeda University, Marine Research Institute – Lithuania
- Dr. Filiz Günay, Hacettepe University, Department of Ecology – Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Emine Didem Evci Kiraz, Adnan Menderes University, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Public Health Department – Turkey
End Beneficiary: Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks
Consultant: DAI Global Austria GmbH & Co KG, Çınar Engineering Consulting Inc., Finish Environment Institute Consortium